Travelling is fun and tiring at the same time. But business travelling can be stressful as you have to take care of many things in one go. With some strategies and tips in this post, you can easily plan your business trip without making it unpleasant. Keep reading.
Do you have an upcoming business trip scheduled? Regardless of whether you’re an intern who is trying to make a first impression or you’re a seasoned business traveller flying to another city, it’s in every case best to stay prepared. Here are a couple of little-known tips to help you handle your business travel like a boss.
- Pack Smartly and Travel Light: Many business travellers go for a meeting directly from the airport after landing. Packing light thus becomes critical to ensure your journey is smooth. When you are on a business journey, try to keep your luggage light. Pack only those things which are useful. It takes one to two attempts before you can feel sure about the things you’re packing. Have a go at removing a couple of clothing items after you’ve packed, and this will allow you to shed any useless stuff you most likely will not wear during your trip. Try to fit all your luggage into cabin baggage, which will result in a faster exit from the airport and burden you less during your trip.
- Enrol in an Air Miles Program: Whether you are a frequent flyer or not, these air miles programs can make your travel cheaper and convenient as well.You can later trade miles earned during flight booking for various extraordinary rewards, including hotel stays, flight ticket discounts, or even booking flights for free. Some programs offer you many ways of earning miles other than booking flight tickets, making it easier to accumulate those precious miles. Moreover, joining these programs can give you access to airport lounges- a perfect way to relax, eat or enjoy a drink while you wait for your flight.
- Account for Traffic Delays: Regardless of what amount of time you figure your driving trip will require, it’s most likely going to take more than last time, both because of traffic and the way that streets are just more clogged than they were even a year ago. Plan your driving trip according to these delays. Consider how long you have in the past given yourself, and preferably, add 30-60 minutes to ensure you reach for the meeting before time.
- Book Early Morning Flights: Early morning flights might sound a little exhausting as they might hamper your precious sleep. But they can save a lot of time and can be comfortable. From less turbulence to less crowd at the airport and flight, early morning flights have their benefits. The best part- you beat the maddening traffic in the destination city. For instance, you can book morning flights from Mumbai to Bangalore or Delhi to Bangalore, with departures scheduled at around 5 AM. This means you reach the city by 7:30-8 AM, thus beating the morning traffic just in time.
- Add-Ons While Booking For Extra Comfort: Business trips can be exhausting, and all you need at that time is comfort. Adding add-ons like extra legroom, reserving your seat, and priority boarding can help you provide some extra comfort.
Whether you enjoy your business travel or not, it ultimately depends upon your company’s travel policy and your destination. But you can ace your business travel by having a strategy that will make your travel stress-free.