Braking system, more than anything else, is the safety shield of every vehicle. Whether it’s a race car, a high-speed car that runs with the speed of the wind, or a regular everyday car, the brake pads have to have exceptional quality. In fact, the role of brakes is much more than just bringing a vehicle to a stop – what actually matters is the time. If it takes too long for the brakes to stop the vehicle, it will be as good as nothing. So, in order to make sure that your vehicle remains safe from reckless drivers, you have to go an extra mile and pick a high-quality braking kit.
But, how to even understand whether your car actually requires a brake replacement yet? If that’s been bugging you too, then the simple signs to look for are as follows.
- Listen closely, if the car has started making noise (a screeching sound) as soon as you push the brake pedals, it’s a clear indication that the brake pads require replacement.
- If you feel that the car has started skidding to one side when the brakes are pressed or there’s a lot of vibration during the journey, it’s time to get the calipers replaced.
Another common sign to look out for is engine overheating. If your vehicle is experiencing any of these conditions, replacing old car parts with high-quality Cross drilled brake parts is the best thing that you can do.
Best Brake Kits According to the Type of the Car
- Black XD Brake Kit
This brake kit is built to offer stunning thermal conductivity. When wheels move at a very very high speed, a lot of heat is produced. If that heat is not dissipated, the rotors can crack due to overheating.
Needless to say, the Black XD Brake Kit is, thus, a better option for heavy muscle vehicles. Some of the most interesting features of this brake kit that makes it better than most are as follows.
- The rotors are electroplated. It makes them resistant to rust and they offer smooth movement for a long time.
- The shims have a full stainless steel body. That’s done in order to ensure proper heat dissipation to protect the brake pads.
- G3000 Brake Kits
When the car in question is a regular car that you drive everyday to the office and back, what you need is a G3000 brake kit.
- The brake pads in this kit are semi-metallic and fully resistant to corrosion.
- The edges of the double disc are mill balanced. This is done to give a noise-free and smooth stop.
In a nutshell, be smart when getting an old braking pad replaced so that the new one doesn’t affect the quality of the vehicle in a negative way.